Parliament welcomes groups of 10 to 50 people to reserve a guided tour. The availability
of tours varies depending on the time and day you choose to visit.
- All groups wishing to tour the Parliament Buildings must make
a reservation in advance.
- You may make a group reservation request online or by fax.
- Group reservations are free but subject to a $100 no-show fee.
What options are
available to my group?
How do I make a
reservation for my group?
Select a tentative date for your guided tour
of Parliament. To help you decide, consult the Senate
of Commons calendar
to determine the scheduled sitting days
for both Chambers. The Chamber(s) are not included on
the guided tour when they are sitting.
- For an online reservation request, use our Group Reservation Request system. Please make sure that you complete all information categories. If you are booking for a school, the
required contact information is essential.
- To submit your request by fax, print out the group reservation request form, fill it out and send it to 613-995-1309. If the information is complete and the requested
time is available, we will send you a fax confirming your tour. Please bring your confirmation number with you to present upon arrival.
All tours are subject to cancellation without notice due to parliamentary
activity. Go to Visitor News for
the latest updates.
What should we do when we arrive?
For information on what to expect when you arrive, please consult Planning a Visit? before your tour.
- There are designated
bus drop-off areas on Wellington Street and Queen
- All visitors to the Parliament Buildings are required to go through
security scanning. To avoid delays, encourage your group
to leave any unnecessary items, such as backpacks or bags, on the
bus or at your point of origin.
Are there any other things to do or see after
our guided tour?
and Memorial Chamber
What is your cancellation policy?
Schedules and tour routes are subject to change
or cancellation without notice due to parliamentary activity.
If you need to cancel your reservation, you must do so at least two weeks
before your tour date. If you fail to cancel your tour before this
deadline, you will be charged a $100 late cancellation fee.
If you fail to honour your reservation, you will be charged a $100 no-show fee. We will send you a notice of the charge in the same way in which you submitted your request (online or by fax).
To cancel a tour,
please follow the online steps on the Group Reservation Request system. Or if you have booked a tour by fax, please use the fax cancellation
For more information, contact
us or call our reservations office at 613-996-0896.